FAQ: How do I raise a complaint?

We’re really sorry that you’re unhappy with our service, please get in touch with us directly so we can try to put things right as quickly as possible.

You can contact us via:

Here's how we handle complaints:

Stage 1 - Our customer care team

Let us know your issue using one of the methods above. You’ll then be contacted from one of our customer care team to discuss the issue and how we’ll resolve it. We’ll let you know the outcome within 10 working days.

Stage 2 – A senior manager

If you’re still unhappy, you can escalate your complaint to a senior manager who will review the issue. They’ll let you know the outcome via email or letter.

Stage 3 – An independent representative

If you've been through stage 1 and 2 and we haven't been able to resolve your complaint, customers in England can get in touch with the Consumer Council for Water (CCW) and they'll work on your behalf to find a resolution.

If CCW cannot find a resolution, you can also take your complaint to ADR Group who mediates disputes between customers and retailers which have reached a state of deadlock.

For customers in Scotland, you can get in contact with the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

For more information, please see our guide.