The journey to decarbonisation
The government has set ambitious targets for UK businesses and achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050, and as industry accounts for one sixth of all UK emissions, this can only happen if we all play our part. Carbon Capture, Usage & Storage (CCUS) and the development of low Carbon Hydrogen networks are expected to be a necessity in achieving net zero emissions by 2050. The technologies needed to produce hydrogen will require large quantities of water, a resource which is becoming increasingly scarce.
As a national water retailer focussed on sustainability, we’re already supporting businesses with their transition to a greener future, and we want to work with you too.
Why water’s important
5GW of low carbon hydrogen production capacity
Establish a low-carbon Industrial Cluster
100% clean energy
Reduction of emissions by two-thirds (2018 baseline)
Establish a Net Zero Industrial Cluster
UK to reach Net Zero emissions
We understand the local and national strategic importance of these projects and the pressure you’re under to deliver them. But we also know it isn’t going to be easy. That’s why we need to work strategically to harness your expertise and ours, which includes:
- Strong, nationwide, Wholesaler relationships
- Over 30 years’ experience working with sites like yours
- Key relationships with strategic partners like DEFRA, Ofwat and the Environment Agency
- Comprehensive suite of water efficiency services on offer to help reduce water consumption and its carbon impact
- We’re already supporting industry in Teesside and South Humber Bank, and are working with influential groups like NEPIC and CATCH, so we know what needs to be done
How we can help
The key to getting the water you need in the future is becoming as water efficient as you can now. We can:
- Help you understand your current water usage
- Offer advice and guidance on how and where changes can be made
- Support you throughout your projects with 5+ year water contracts
- Work with you and your Wholesaler to discuss future water demand.
Speak to us
Fill in our form and a member of our team will get in touch to understand more about your goals and discuss the ways Wave may be able to support you.