Wave is named Water Retailer of the Year at Water Industry Awards 2021
Now in its 15th year, the Water Industry Awards celebrate the work of UK water companies and their supply chains, honouring the best and brightest businesses, projects and people the water industry has to offer.
This year four new categories were introduced, including Water Efficiency Initiative of the Year and Water Retailer of the Year. After being shortlisted for the latter category earlier this year along with three other water retailers, we were thrilled to be announced as the overall winner at the virtual awards ceremony on 27 May.
Our entry covered five key areas, detailing our approach and achievements in:
- Customer service – specifically how we continue to support COVID-19 affected customers.
- Environmental impact – including our commitments to reducing carbon and waste and being more sustainable.
- Innovation – leading on new practices, such as our exclusive partnership with Deer Tech to install innovative new meter read devices.
- Resilience – how we’re protecting our operations from future risks and challenges.
- People – particularly how we’re investing in skills, health, safety and wellbeing.
Lucy Darch, CEO, said: “Everyone at Wave is delighted to be recognised by this award and it’s particularly pleasing to win after what has been a very challenging year for our customers and our people. My pride in Wave grows every year, words don’t do justice to the way I feel about the passion and commitment that I see every day as we drive to deliver for our customers. Awards like this give us the opportunity to reflect on our achievements.”
“Among a field of very strong applications, the entry from Wave was outstanding – in particular, the company’s emphasis on the environment, resilience, and its people. Wave’s entry also included many quantified benefits, which prove it is clearly doing excellent work.”
- Water Industry Awards Judging Panel
Find out more about the Water Industry Awards, including all 2021 winners.