What are my obligations?
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act every employer has the following duties;
- To ensure, so far as is reasonably practical, the health, safety and welfare of all employees
- Duties under this act extend to risks from legionella bacteria, which may arise from work activities
- You need to take the right precautions to reduce the risks of exposure to legionella
How do I comply?
Here is a quick 5 step guide:
- Establish a responsible person
- Find a service provider and ensure that they are a member of the Legionella Control Association (LCA)
- Ask your service provider to produce a Risk Assessment and Schematic Drawing
- Produce an outbreak Procedure Plan
- Check your staff understand the process and use regular communication to remind people about the importance of safety
There's some great information on the HSE website www.hse.gov.uk/legionnaires
How can Wave help?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to work with you to activate the 5 steps listed above.