Compliments and complaints

Passing on compliments

If you've had a good experience with us we'd really like to know so that we can thank the team member involved and continue to improve our services.

Unhappy with our service?

We try to get everything right first time but appreciate this isn’t always the case. If you’re unhappy with any element of our service, please get in touch and we’ll do what we can to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. You can contact us on 0333 207 9283, email or if you prefer to send a letter, send it to NWG Business Limited, PO Box 4998, Lancing, BN11 9AY

How do we handle complaints?

Stage One – Our Customer Care Team

We'll hand your complaint to our customer care team and a specialist advisor will call you back to discuss the issue and set out how we plan to resolve it.

They'll then personally look after your complaint, keeping you fully informed along the way until you're happy that the matter is resolved. We will confirm the outcome that we've agreed with you by telephone or in writing via email or letter, within ten working days.

Stage Two - Escalation to a Senior Manager

In the rare case that you remain unhappy and feel that we haven't resolved the matter to your satisfaction, you can choose to escalate it to an appropriate Senior Manager who will review the case. They'll then write to you via email or letter explaining the outcome of their review and any further action to be taken.

What happens if I'm still not happy?

If, having fully exhausted this process, we haven't resolved the complaint to your satisfaction, you may take your complaint to the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) who are an independent representative working with both consumers and non-household organisations and will act on your behalf to try to resolve your complaint with us.

Your final escalation point would be to take your complaint to the Water Redress Scheme (WATRS) . WATRS adjudicates disputes between the customer and water and sewage companies or suppliers which have reached a state of deadlock.

WATRS has been designed to complement the mediation and investigation roles of the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater).